It கலைமகன் கவிதைகள்: A`DEATH-MOURNS

திங்கள், 7 ஜூலை, 2014

A`DEATH-MOURNS

I`came-in-procession
Carrying`thousands`of`desires
I`would`have`done
Good`and`bad`deeds
Done`by`all!


Nevertheless
To`find`entry`into`paradise
I`did`so`many`things
In`the`world.

Today,
With`regard`to`my`agonies`of`the`heart
Though`I`said`shouting`and`shouting
Up`to`the`level`of`the`sea
Till`my`voice`subsides
None`is`going`to
Hearken`to`it.

I`will`be`breathing`aloud`of
How`my`life`of`the`hereafter`will`be
Nevertheless-
I`see`all
Aiming`at`keeping`me
In`the`grave
They`don’t`understand
I     lie        tied
I     am       in         a          condition         of
Which        is          my       fate.

It    seems   that      some    shed     False
Tears
Over          my       departure
From          the       earth.


Having      heard   that
My voice    muted
It    is          heard   to         me
That           some    of         the       villagers
Murmur     as,”      He       is          of         that      caste
He is          of         that      region.
What          benefit will      there    be        to         us
By looking            at         him
Above       all       
Now,         to         keep     me
In   the       grave
They          put       me       within
The            mat      to         be        buried
Along        with     me
And           place    me
In   the       bier-carrier

Some-
Yes,          
Those        who     exchange
Kindness
And           those    who     loved   one
Burst          into      mourning
Some         do        so         up        to         the       grave
Some         do        so         till        mourning
Comes       to         an        end.

Some         carry    me       by        turns
Some         follow  the       procession
Reciting     the       divine  invocations
Some         pass     in         silence

I     get       upset
Without     understanding
Head          or         tail.

From          person  to         person
People       talk      communal        utterances
Some         push     and      jostle
Towards    the       front

I     say       to         myself
Thus-
Oh!            Supporters       of         caste    system-regionalism
Oh!            Those  who     betray  us
For             the       non-Muslims
Do you      consider
All what    you      do
Are                        justifiable
Your          ill-feelings-
Your          prides-

Your          riotousness
Only          we       are       good    people
The            position            that     
We are       the       experts
Like           us,        after     your
Wind         of         life       subsided
You           will      know-

I     tasted   the       death
I     know   its         ache     and
Its  twists-

Remembering        your     ignorance
I     cry       into      myself
You           too       weep
I     melt     to         the       size      of
Sea.

Oh!            God!   
You           created             us
As  noble   creation
We,            having             forgotten          us
Committed so         many   mistakes
I     ask       of         you     
By weeping
Will           you      think    of
All to         live      together

Destroy      the       monsters          of        
Caste         system
Then-
Those        murmurings     will      not       rise
In   our       ears      of         the       corpses

Show         the       true      path     of
Noble        way-
For             all        to         live      in         joy
For             all        to         come    closer
To  you.

Original     Tamil   Poem   By       POET  FAIROOZ      M.I.M
TRANSLATED   INTO  ENGLISH       BY      POET  MEEADH       M.Y.M


கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக